Interested In Guitar Lessons?
Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks! Seriously you can, how do I know? Because we are in the business of teaching music to everyone...of all ages. Learning an instrument as an adult is always in the "Top Ten Bucket Lists" for most, and there is a reason why. Learning an instrument can be fun and rewarding for the rest of your life. The time you spend on learning an instrument can give you a return on your investment 10X what you put into it. Here's a few benefits below:
- Improves Brain Capacity and Memory
- Helps with Self Expression
- Make friends and connect with others
- Relieves Stress (We could all use this!)
- Tons of Fun
Here are 3 things every adult should know when looking for guitar lessons -
- Buy a good starter guitar. If its hard to play, then you will not want to play it. Some starter guitars are so hard to press the strings down it becomes a chore and our motto is "if it's a chore, it's a bore"!
- Don't learn strictly from Youtube videos.Youtube is great for grabbing little hints or learning a few songs, but lessons generally do not scaffold well from level to level. Your more likely to succeed with a coach. Personal accountability is the best.
- Jump into group lessons as soon as possible. We have a beginner band program for adults. Many students say they wouldn't have continued to grow as fast musically if they had not joined the band. This is because there is more personal accountability on not only yourself, but your peers as well.